Workout mania - August 2009

Had a gruelling work-out during lunch today. Ok Ok so I may have slightly exagerrated..it was more like a 30 minute walk around the rocks area. Although the generous amount of stairs we covered was enough to send me huffing and puffing the house down.

James really took his role as "personal trainer" seriously. At first I thought he was just kidding - telling me our walking route, approximate distance we would cover, asking me what my overall goal with the training was. But when he noted to bring a heart monitor & pedometre in the next session, and spoke consistently about our "training" itinerary, that's when I realized he was really in it for the long haul and was adamant in keeping (or actually it should be making me) fit (again) . He was ever the nicest trainer, full of encouragement & not to mention patience all the way through, especially when I slowed to a snail pace or stopped entirely.

Apparently I have to do this at least once a week to keep my fitness level up and actually see some improvement in my overall health. Humph! This is an arduous task for such a lazy person as myself…BUT..I will persist!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I should totally join you guys~ get ready for summer & all, lol.

    ReplyDelete