Delayed

Had I known I was going to end up travelling by myself in the end I would never have flown with Jetstar! 24 hours later in what otherwise would have only been a 7 hour direct flight I am an hour away from my destination for the next 7 days - Ho Chi Minh city in Vietnam.  In case you haven't guessed I am currently in Singapore on a 15 hour lay-over.  The flight here didn't go without its hiccups as we had to endure a 2 hour delay due to mechanical issues! Trust Jetstar to be delayed!
I think, by now, it is safe to say that I know Singapore airport from the back of my hand!

Anyways, the reason why I am heading to Vietnam is to holiday for a "good cause", as others have dubbed "volunteerism."  For one week, I will be volunteering to teach english in schools that are less privileged.  This was originally meant to be a "three-woman"  trip but ended up down to just being me!  One had an entirely good reason -she was only contracting and risked losing her job.  Suffice to say, she was very apologetic and offered to re-pay me with any inconvienced caused! It was settled over a drink! LOL Admittedly, I too was thinking of pulling out but then I had an epiphany so decided to go through with it.  I really don't know what to expect but I guess we will just have to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment