Day 2 - Orientation Day

Day 2 in Ho Chi Minh - Orientation day

Today was orientation day where Andy, our co-ordinator, gave us a briefing on the program, our placements, the rules and regulations of living in the Peace House - sexy time was specifically h ighlighted - LOL as well as the Vietnamese customs. The presentation was really good despite the laptop dying every 5 minutes!
Afterwards we had an intense 2.5 hours of Vietnamese lesson. It was hillarious and ridiculously hard! By the end of trying to correctly pronounce words but failing misserably, half of us were barely paying attention and the heat wasn't exactly doing anyone any favours.  During our break, we decided to ditch the Vietnamese lessons altogether and Jane, Beth (collectively known as the Americans) & I left to get a massage.
The massage was simply amazing and unbelievably cheap!  I chose the relaxing massage with lava stones where hot stones were used to massage my body.  At first I was so close to slapping the masseuse for trying to burn me but once the stones cooled down on my skin, it felt so invirogating and the heat really did wonders for my sore muscles. Only down side to it was the lady went crazy massaging my butt and I had to forceably hold my fart in! The masseuse also massaged my pressure points n tugged my hair which was bizarre but strangely soothing. All for a measly $5!
Once our massages were done, we ventured out for some ice cream.  We came upon a fancy looking coffee shop which actually sold gourmet ice-cream! I chose the coconut flavoured one which they served in a coconut shell. It was delicious and very refreshing! We then headed out to the co-op (supermarket) and grabbed some drinks to take back home. Gosh, I am currently on my bed writing this up and am sweating like a pig! It is disgustingly hot and muggy here.  I can't stand it! Oh how I miss winter back home

No comments:

Post a Comment